Monday, February 27, 2012

the eat your plate semi-retirement gift to a lucky office

this past saturday, i had my winter cocktail party and the question of the evening was: "what's up with eat your plate?" in fact, my mother also asked me the same question about a week ago, wondering if i have given up on my business. the answer, is no, absolutely not, however, eat your plate is going into what i am affectionately calling: semi-retirement. and, for one lucky office of hard working people in portland, this will mean a reason to celebrate. i will get to that later.

when i began this business i was aggressively pursuing getting my food into local shops and i was successful on a few occasions, however, what i found was that everyone wants you to cut corners so that you can do it faster and cheaper. which is something, i won't do. ethics in building food the right way is something i don't want to compromise. the proverbial icing on the cake was making the choice to go and work with my husband, at r.p. morrison builders, inc. when comparing the financials, muffins sold at wholesale just don't add up to the same thing. so, eat your plate is going to be a part time thing that i do when asked by the select people who know about me. my devoted followers, if you will. i will no longer market myself, i will just wait for people to find me. when they do, i will have the energy to go grab fresh ingredients from local farms and create for them the very best dessert they have ever had.

so, now for the fun part. as my last big eat your plate event, i will be offering a full spread of yummy treats to the group of individuals who can best explain to me why they love portland's local food scene. what entices you about our local offerings? what makes you salivate, what's your very favorite spot? it doesn't have to be an essay, but the most passionate person will win the dessert bar. the deadline for this is march 15th, the winner will receive their notice on Monday the 19th and have the treats delivered in their office on Friday, the 23rd. To participate send your story to jenny@eatyourplate.net

i can't wait to read and of course, thank you everyone for all your love and support. and not to worry, i am not disappearing, i am still one hundred percent in business, but i will be pouring more of my efforts into writing (find me on www.portland.wcsh6.com), creating, farming and creating beautiful spaces with my husband.

No comments:

Post a Comment